Thursday, December 12, 2013

Awkward & Awesome Thursday



Well, if last week wasn't an experience I don't know what is.

If you had told me 6 months to a year ago all the things I'd be doing, I would have said You're crazy, there's no way I could do that. I'm not brave enough to handle that. I've proving myself wrong.

Let's do this Awkward + Awesome style, shall we?  A bit of what's been going on lately:

Awkward...

-Going nonstop one day from 6 AM to 10 PM. Go to work, drive home, run to bank, hurry to post office, go grocery shopping (see in Awesome section below), drive back home, change clothes and try to tame hair and 12-hour-old makeup in 10 minutes to go to friend's house for dinner + boardgames. Back home at 9, collapse into bed at 10.
-Waiting for a very exciting package to arrive, only to have it get stuck at the post office for 3 days due to a snow + ice storm.
-Ice on the roads, driveways, and sidewalks. If I only had some ice skates.
-Mailing a very, very, very, very, very important letter only 20 minutes before the post office closed.
-Packing up a week's worth of clothes & random stuff into my tiny car in 30 degree, windy, raining weather. No thanks.
-The last week of school. So. much. paperwork.


Awesome...



-This thing right here! Look what *finally* came in the mail on Monday after being stuck in the post office for the weekend because of a snowstorm! My new camera, aka graduation present to myself! (ok, I will stop using exclamation points now.  !!!!!) A Canon Rebel T3i, if you're wondering.
-I'm done with school and graduating next week!
-Grocery shopping by myself for the first time. Though, this could be on the Awkward list too. I had to constantly text my Dad questions. Do I get 85% or 97% lean ground turkey?  Diced, crushed, sliced, peeled, pulverized, squashed, or Hulk-Smashed tomatoes??? The awesome part is that I survived the crazy pre-snowstorm grocery store. That's the Kentucky version of the Hunger Games, folks.
-Christmas music! Christmas lights! Going carolling! Snow!
-The amount of trust I have in God right now. I couldn't have gotten through the past two weeks without it. I need to remind myself to continue doing that daily. :)

No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to add your thoughts!

EMILY MARGARET. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.