Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July Rambles



Hello peeps!  I didn't plan to disappear for so long. So what's been going on around here you ask? I like lists and none of this really goes together, so let's do this in list form:

1) I took some photos of fireworks and meant to blog them, but I've had a few other sessions that I've been working to finish first.

2) Making a big dent in my 'To Read' list. I'm planning to put together a post of some favorites (and not so favorites) as of late.

3) Food photography! If you know me, you know I like taking pictures of food, and I've been practicing more and working on my styling, finding inspiration from cookbooks and blogs (namely Kristin Teig).

4) Getting back into some sewing + knitting. My list of projects is still a mile long but this dress is up next in a deep red knit.

5) Reminding myself how to use photoshop. Since I got Lightroom 5 for graduation last December, I haven't needed to open the old Elements. But there came a time when I needed to do some head-swapping and I couldn't pull it off in Lightroom (side note- I've been switching heads and blinking eyes since the dark ages of digital photography, with good old windows 98 paint program as my software of choice. How things have changed).

6) Reading by the pool. The weather has been deliciously mild, hovering in the mid 80s without the usual smothering humidity. Love it.

7) Counting down until August 23rd. If you know what I am talking about, you, too, are counting the days (and the shadows).


What's new with you this month?


No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to add your thoughts!

EMILY MARGARET. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.