Tuesday, July 1, 2014

When the strawberries come in | Food Photography
















/// photos from early June ///

For me, the "unofficial official" start of summer is when the strawberries start coming in from the garden. In years past, my dad would take my sister and I to a local farm where we would pick overflowing buckets of these red berries. We would wake up before sunrise, dress, then eat bars of granola during the car ride to the farm. The afternoon would then be spent sorting, washing, cutting, and sugaring the berries to be frozen for later use. Sadly, the farm closed down a few years ago, but that yearly Strawberry Saturday is one of my favorite memories.

This year, our berries came from my grandparents' garden. My sister and I took charge and processed the berries ourselves, saving one for the freezer and eating one ourselves (we really did save more than we ate though, honest).

1 comment

  1. Mmmmm, there is nothing, NOTHING to trump fresh strawberries. So beautiful and delicious, like little capsules of heaven. <3 Beautiful photos!

    Country Girl's Daybook

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to add your thoughts!

EMILY MARGARET. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.