Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Coffee Cocoa

A photo posted by Emily Margaret (@emimarg) on
I don't really drink coffee but I adore how it smells and tastes. On a recent Target trip, I convinced my family that we needed a French press because we had no way of making coffee (instant coffee doesn't qualify as real coffee). It's been surprisingly simple to use and makes a great cup. I've heard that the French press is the preferred brewing method for coffee aficionados but I personally like the fact that I don't have to buy coffee filters.

I haven't quite acquired a taste for black coffee, though. I prefer a bit of coffee with my milk. And I drink decaf. So anyway...

I discovered that the combination of coffee and hot chocolate is my ideal way to drink coffee. I've been using a decaf coffee but feel free to use your favorite type.

Coffee Cocoa
Serves 4

A French press
Water
Your favorite coffee grounds
Cocoa powder
Sugar
Milk

In the French press, put in 3 Tablespoons of coffee grounds, 2 Tablespoons cocoas powder. Pour hot (not boiling) water into the press. Stir well with a wooden spoon. Place the top on the press without pressing down the filter. Let brew of 4 minutes. Slowly and gently press down the filter. Pour into cups, adding milk and sugar as desired, and enjoy!

P.S. Another fave drink as of late- peanut butter banana smoothie from Gimme Some Oven.

What's your favorite cold-weather drink?

1 comment

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to add your thoughts!

EMILY MARGARET. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.