Thursday, November 13, 2014

Gratitude

As we get closer to Thanksgiving here in the US, we begin thinking about gratitude and being thankful more often. It's become a popular seasonal topic, but it's really something that we should ponder throughout the rest of the year. My church is doing a series of sermons on gratitude and is challenging us to actively express it in our lives. I thought I'd share a bit of what I'm learning throughout this month as a post series.


Starting off my day by reading scripture in the morning has become part of my daily routine. There are still some days that it doesn't happen first thing and it gets pushed later in the day, but the intention is still there. The reading gets me into a better mindset, adjusting my attitude and actions, and changes the way I interact with others. I am more willing to go out of my way to help others and be more patient. I find this is especially important when it's Monday morning and I'm not feeling very peppy.

Here are a few verses I've been reading that speak about gratitude and thankfulness.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in everything, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thes. 5:16-18

"Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!" Psalm 95:2

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!" Psalm 100:4


Do you have a favorite verse about gratitude or thankfulness?

No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to add your thoughts!

EMILY MARGARET. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.